Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This Day

Today is the day, I have been thinking about today for most of the month.  Why today you ask?  Well today is the last day of the month.  Let me back up.  At the beginning of the month I made a goal to past every day about something that I am grateful for.  Other then that one day I forgot I have made good on my goal.  But I had no idea how hard it would be.  Not that there are not plenty of things to be grateful for, I have just been finding it hard to find post worthy subjects.  Every day things happen that I am grateful for, but some of then you don't want to hear about.  This morning at 4 am Glen woke my up to go to the bathroom and stayed dry all night.  I am grateful that he is doing so well, but do you all really want to hear about it in detail?  You see my dilemma.  SO today, silly as it may be, I am grateful that I have reached me goal and it is over.  I have been forced to think in depth about the blessing I have and for that I am also grateful, but I cannot remember the last time I was so happy to see the last day of November.
Here is another list of things I am grateful for.
Our pet grasshoppers, (Macky and Tacky Hopper) they are getting on my nerves and honestly I kind of hope they die soon, but they are hanging in there and my kids love them.  I love them because my kids do.
I am grateful that my boys are such good friends, I am grateful Glen loves horses so much and Benjamin loves trains and trucks.  Though Glen does seem to be succeeding in converting him to the ways of cowboys.
I am grateful for my friends idea to rotate toys so that when my kids get sick of the ones I have out then I can trade and it's like having new toys again.
I am grateful for they toy Nativity set my husbands friend gave us.  It's  Precious Moments set and my kids love it as much as I do.  It helps me teach them the story of Jesus' birth.
I am grateful for the scriptures, I should have posted about this one.  Within the scriptures I find so much peace and so many answers.  I love the scriptures.  I love the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  I know that the Bible testifies of Christ and that the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Christ.
I am grateful for a camera to catch pictures and videos of my kids on.
I am grateful for my Testimony.
I am grateful for trees, mountains, flowers, parks, water, sprinklers, grass...the list is endless, really it is.
My life is so full of blessings.  In the scriptures it talks about the blessing of Heaven being poured out so that there is not even room to receive them.  I feel like this often.  I feel like my life is so full of blessing and they just keep coming.  I thank the Lord every day for blessing me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment