Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Potty Training

Ask me 6 months ago how I feel about potty training and I may have cried, screamed, or taken on a look of sheer terror. But today I can say that i am thankful for potty training.  i have tried so many times with Glen I was ready to give up until he was 16, but after praying about it, again, I felt like I should give it another go.  It was time.  After the first night I was ready to give up again, he just wasn't having any of it.  But I knew the time was right and I muddled through.  Monday morning he pooped twice on his own and after my huge celebratory dance he decided he was potty trained.  Since then it has been pretty easy.  My Glen is so stubborn some times he makes his daddy look easy going.  These Hansens have some serious stubbornness going on.  But Now that Glen has decided he is potty trained he is doing it just fine.  He has know how for almost a year, but he just wouldn't.  You cannot force a child in anything, control is an illusion.  I taught him what to do and how to do it and then needed to wait for him to decide that he was ready.
Today, after a nearly perfect day with him in underwear I can say that I am grateful for potty training.  I do not miss changing his diapers in the LEAST!  Now if only I can get Benjamin to be potty trained too I can kiss diapers good bye for a while.  Unfortunately I do not think Benjamin is ready at all yet so i an stuck with diapers, but Glen, oh Glen.  He may not have it perfect yet, but by his attitude i know he is not going to dig in his heels and quite like he has done every other time, and this mean that with work we will succeed and his in not going back to diapers.  Celebrate!  Thank goodness for potty training.

No comments:

Post a Comment