Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Blessings

Since today is Thanksgiving I thought I would share some of the things I am grateful for, but have not yet posted about.
I am grateful to have a car to do the shopping, take the boys places, and to get us all around.  And our other car too so John can get to work.  :)
I am grateful for my kitchen aid that helped me make over 160 rolls for this weekend.  I would have given up before I finished without it.
I am grateful for clothes to wear, food to eat, family, friends, a new dad and a new brother in law, oh and a new nephew!
I am grateful for our warm home and so much space for so little rent.  I am grateful for the friends who let us rent here.
I am grateful for opportunities to serve and help others. I am grateful for the opportunity to be on the receiving end of service.
I am grateful for cool shoes I can just slip on, since I hate tying shoes.
I am grateful for the internet and my blog.  I am grateful for all the people that read my blog.  Hi!
I am grateful for my silly, quirky, energetic, happy personality.  I am grateful for my silly, book worm, rough and tumble Glen, train crazy, sensitive, cuddly Benjamin, and my supportive, saintly patient, loving husband.
Really the list is endless.  One of the things that I learned at Time Out for Women was this.  "It's hard to make ourselves feel happy, especially when we are not.  but it is easy to feel grateful."  Maybe that is why we are told to count our blessings.  When I am feeling down in the dumps the fastest way to feel better is to think of all the things I am grateful for.  Then I don't feel so bad, I feel truly blessed.  Take a minute today to count your blessings.  You may be surprised how blessed you are.
I could go on about the things I am grateful for, but now it's your turn, go ahead, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment