Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Date night

Tonight I am grateful for date night.  Not only are dates fun, even after you get married, but they are important.  It's a time when we get to sit and talk about what ever we want, be as affectionate as we want, and it's really a time time when there are no stresses.  We don't worry about work, school, kids, cleaning, or anything like that.  We just focus on each other and building the love we have.  It's so good for us.  I highly recommend dates.
This fun little picture is the two of us over the summer when we went to a Regency Era ball.  It was so fun!  I never got a chance to go to prom so we kind of treated this like prom.   I made the dress (sort of)  I got ready with a friend who was so funny insisting on making this very prom like for me, she did my hair and everything.  Then john picked me up and he had even gotten me a corsage.  So sweet.
My weeks are long and hard, and I know John's are too.  So come date night we are both ready for a few hours of relaxation.  A few hours where we can forget all the stuff that has been worrying us and just enjoy some time together.  I am also very grateful tonight for John's sister who baby sits so often for us.  Without her we would get far fewer dates.  So thank you to her, and to my sweet husband for taking me on dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment