Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Insperation


This picture really has nothing to do with inspiration, unless you count the fact that my two sisters in law and I all dressed our boys up in jean overalls without any prior communication, but it's a cute picture.
Last night-this morning actually- Glen came in and asked to cuddle with me.  usually when he wakes up in the middle of the night he knocks on our door until I come to take him back to bed.  But this time he snuck in, put his hand on my shoulder and whispered that he wanted to cuddle.  How could I refuse? It means I woke up with a really sore neck, but it was worth it.  At some point I woke up to take him back to bed but the thought entered my head that he needed to stay and cuddle with me this time.  I have no idea why he needed me, but i am grateful for the inspiration to let him stay.
Many times in my life I have been inspired to do one thing or another.  Take a meal to someone who I later found out had a really sick child and single working mom, take Glen to the Dr because he had an ear infection, stay up late to wait for John to get home so he could tell me about his hard day, go visit a friend or call my sister.  I know that I have also been the recipient of other's inspiration.  One that really stands out to me is right after I met John.  I had just gotten my mission call and I did not think it would come.  John and I were already planning on getting married and I was so confused and it really hit me hard.  Right after I hung up with John, who i had been talking to at the time, my sister called to see what was wrong.  She lived in Cedar and called me less then a minute after I started feeling distressed.  She really helped me and I know she was inspired to call me.
I believe in continuing revelation and personal revelation.  That means God speaks to me.  I can ask him in prayer and receive answers.  I can also receive warnings, be told something is wrong, know that someone needs help, and be inspired in all things.  Call it a mother's intuition, call it a gut feeling, a hunch, or whatever you will.  I know that God speaks to us, communicates with our minds and hearts and that His Holy Spirit will giude us.  I am very grateful for this knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment