Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My boys

Today I am grateful for my two boys.  I sure love these two munchkins.  They are sweet, funny, full of trouble, playful, helpful, and did I mention full of trouble? (They are in cahoots, see?)
Glen, my angel.  He is so smart it blows my mind sometimes.  He loves to bake and clean.  He loves his brother so much and used to help me feed him and take care of him when he was a baby.  He loves reading and words as much as I do.  Glen is full or trouble and mischief.  He has a great sense of humor and like to tell jokes and play pranks.  He keeps me on my toes and laughing all day long.
Benjamin is my sweet smiley boy.  When he was a baby he was very sick and he did not smile often, but when he smiled he smiled just for me.  I cherished every smile back then, and I still love his cute smiles.  He is also my cuddle bug.  He will always run into my arms for a big hug after I have been gone, when I am sad, or when he thinks I need a hug.  He will wrap his arms around my neck, squeeze, and say "Don't die mommy."  (John's mom used to tell her kids that mom's need hugs or they die, and Benjamin has picked it up too.)  Benjamin loves his brother, he idolizes his brother.  Benjamin follows him everywhere and does everything his big brother does.
These two are my angels, even when they don't act like it.  They play together, they love to wrestle.  They make trouble together, clean up their messes together, love to hide and scare me, and they are my joy in life.  I am so grateful for my boys.  They may keep me busy and be the reason I am so tired, but they are also the reason I am alive, the reason I am a better person today then I was yesterday, the reason I have learned patience, the reason I can laugh, and the reason I feel so loved.  They are my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment