Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Gym

Today I am grateful for the gym.  That may seem odd so some of you, but I really am very grateful for my gym membership.  My friend's mom had a stroke or something and she moved to another state to take care of her mom.  Her gym wasn't in her new home state and so she was trying to sell her gym membership.  I wanted it so bad, but I didn't have a lot of money.  She was so good to work with me and now I have a 3 year gym membership that includes childcare.Over the past 4 months or so that I have been going to the gym I have noticed  a HUGE change in my life. I have lost weight and slimmed down a bit, but that is not why I am grateful for the gym. You see I have some health problems that sometimes make me really sick and cause a lot of pain.  But when I go to the gym on a regular basis it is much better.  The stomach aches go away and the pain is almost completely gone.  But do you want to know the best part?  I get to take my kids to the day care for and hour and a half.  That is 90 minutes all to myself.  I get to work out and, I love this part, take a shower, and I don't have to worry about my boys.  I know they are safe and having fun with new friends and new toys.  So the gym helps me feel better physically, but it also helps me emotionally because of the little breaks I get.  So yes, I am very grateful for the gym, even if I do hate working out most days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment