Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Daughter of God

Last night I was thinking about the Time Out for Women I went to over the weekend.  It was simply amazing.  One of my favorite things about women in the church is that when you get a group of women together it is always uplifting and inspiring.  There was so much that I learned and I went away feeling the desire to be a better mother, wife, and woman.  It was simply amazing.  I cannot even describe it.
As a mother I do feel a little burned out sometimes, especially near the end of a semester.  I feel frustrated and impatient at times.  I have struggles as a wife.  When we argue or I feel like things are not going as they aught to.  Sometimes I even dislike being a woman.
Yet those times are few and far between compared to the love I have of womanhood and all that is a part of womanhood.  I know that as a woman I have a special role to play.  As a mother, wife and woman my role is divine.
When I was in high school I reached a time in my life when I felt that to progress in my life I needed to know who I am.  I felt such a deep desire and need to know.  For weeks I thought about it, I studied it out in my mind.  I had to know.  I thought of many things that describe me.  My name, love of books and words, I was a student.  But all of the titles I came up with fell short, they were what I was, but not who I was.  I needed to know.  I knew that I would receive an answer if I preyed about it, so I did.  I told my Father that I was really struggling with this question.  I needed to know who I was.  Then a thought entered into my mind with such force, and yet such tender love that I have no words for it.  The words were "You know who you are, you are mine."  My heart swelled and my mind filled with light.  I did know, I knew that I was a daughter of God.  Then I saw an image, of my Father and I felt almost like He was hugging me.
Since that day I have never questioned who I am or what my purpose in life is.  I feel that I have escaped a lot of struggles because hard as it may be to be a mother, wife, and woman, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is right, and good, and it is my role to play.  I know that God loves me, and as my loving Father he will not leave me.  He will lead me, lift me, strengthen me, test me, comfort me, and be there always.
I am a woman, I am a wife, I am a mother, but first and foremost I am a daughter of God and nothing can change or take it away from me ever!  This knowledge has saved me and for it I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment