Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Being a mom

Today I am grateful to be a mam, and to be a stay at home mom.  Being a mom is hard. It's a lot of sacrifice, sleepless nights, hard work, constant attention, hard work, and then some more hard work.  It means having part of your heart walk around outside your body.  Being a mom means putting all of your needs and desires second to the little ones that need you for everything.  Being a mom means that it's now your job to teach this sweet baby everything from manners to walking, eating with a spoon, words, the list is endless really.  And it's the toughest job I have ever had, harder by far then teaching 20 five year olds for 4 hours a day, much harder then my desk job working with Deaf adults, and harder even then 12 hour shifts at a nursing home.

Oh boy is it hard, but so, so worth it.  I do not get paid in money, but I get some of the best hugs and kisses, some of the sweetest mommy moments, and some of the warmest cuddles.  I know that what I do is important, perhaps even the most important job in the world. I would not change it for a minute.  I would not change the stinky diapers, sick babies that are up all night, or even the tantrums for anything.  Because with all those comes "Your the best mommy in the world!"  "I wuve you" from a baby who can barley speak, and the look I see in their eyes. I don't know if I can describe it.  It's a look that says it all.  You are my hero.  I love you.  You are my world.  Thank you.  You are wonderful.  And when they look at me like that nothing else matters, nothing is as important as being as wonderful as they see me.

I am so grateful for all of the hugs, wet kisses, learning moments, pony rides on my back, games of hide-and-seek, walks, spur of the moment picnics, candle light dinners because the kids love candles, holding hands as they fall asleep, stories, songs, scribbles that become works of art, weeds that become more precious then roses, cuddles in the morning, talks at night, and so, so much more.  I am even grateful for the hard times, because it is from them I learn and because of them I appreciate the easy and fun times all the more.
Most of all i am grateful to be a mom because my sweet innocent children help me to want to be a better person, and because as a mom I get an incredible look at God's love.  Knowing how much I love my sweet boys helps me to see how truly deep and perfect Father in heaven's love is.  I love them so much, I would give my life for then without a second thought.  As deep and wonderful as my life is I know that Heavenly Father loves them and all of us even more because His love is perfect and unending.  I thank the Lord every day for the blessing of being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment