Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sleep

Today I am grateful for sleep.  It may seem lame to you, but I really cherish a good nights sleep.  They are few and far between.  What with two kids waking up because of nightmares, getting too cold or too hot, being wet, noises, sickness, or other reasons.  Then add to that nights when I can't sleep for one reason or another and the number of good nights sleep can be counted on one hand.
I have not had a good nights sleep in weeks now.  With family here we got to bed late, then the kids got colds, and by then I was so tired that my legs started to hurt.  Right now I am so tired that I feel like I have been waling around in a fog.  People talk to me and it takes me a few seconds to notice it.  But tonight, ah tonight, how I love you.  See tonight my husband is home so that means he can stay up until the kids go to sleep and I can go to bed early.  I am really looking forward to sleeping tonight.  I think I am tired enough that nothing will keep me up.  I sure hope so, otherwise I may turn into a zombie.
Other reasons I am grateful for sleep.  One word.  Cute.  Look at that kid.  That is Benjamin the first night we put him in a crib.  We kept him in a  bassinet until the last possible night so that his brother could keep the crib as long as possible.  Anyway, when he learned to sit up it was time to graduate tot he crib, but he didn't like it. so he sat up until he fell asleep sitting up.  Benjamin can fall asleep anywhere.  While eating, playing, reading.  yesterday he even fell asleep right in a shopping cart.  One second awake, the next he was totally zonked.  It was pretty funny to watch.
Glen falls asleep in all sorts of funny positions too.  Usually he is holding something.  Hugging a book or toy, a statue he got off his dresser, or maybe a blanket.  One time he would not go to sleep unless I was holding his hand and I got tired of sitting there so I put one of his hands in the other and he was too asleep to notice the change.  I giggled and congratulated myself on being smart.  :D
Over all sleep is good, sometimes I would rather stay up late to read, talk, or play, but sleep is good.  With sleep we heal our bodies, rest our brains and bodies, and if you are like me there are some seriously awesome dreams to go along with sleep.  Sleep, I love you and I am grateful for you, especially now when I am so tired and eager to meet up with you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment