Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, November 14, 2011

New babies

Today I am very grateful for new babies.  I love the hugs and cuddles I get from my sweet boys, but there is just something about a new baby that is so full of sweetness that it just fills me up.  Here is my newest nephew being fawned over by my boys who are almost as baby crazy as I am.  Glen kept talking about how tiny his feet are, and Benjamin wanted to hold him again and again.  I think that even they felt that there is something special about anew baby.
Maybe is is the newness of anew baby, maybe is is that they have come so recently from Heaven and Father's arms. I don't know what it is, but I know I love it immensely.  Oh my goodness, it was so hard to give this sweet thing back to his daddy, who by the way was so patient letting me hold him four times and didn't even look at me funny when I had a hard time giving him back.  And bay did I have a hard time.  I could have sat there all night holding, cuddling, feeling his soft hair, tiny toes and finger, and just loving him.
I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go down to welcome the newest member of our family.  I am grateful to have been able to hold him, to see my kids hold him, to touch him, feel him, and whisper sweet things in his ears, his tiny ears.  I am so grateful for new babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment