Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Laughing

Today I am grateful for a sense of humor and laughter.   John says I am  immature, but I like to think I have a good sense of humor.  :)  To me life is kind of a mix between a game, an adventure, and a joke. Don't get me wrong, I can be serious when it's needed...usually.  :) But I dearly love to laugh.  Life is so full of...life is just full.  There are all sorts of ups and downs, disappointments, frustrations, messes, chaos, and all sorts of stuff.  If I did not spend so much time laughing I would probably spend it crying.  I prefer cheeky to teary.
For me attitude is everything.  Instead of getting upset with Glen for getting into my make up and nail polish I laughed at him, took pictures and had all sorts of fun with it before having him help me clean it up.
Instead of feeling irritated that Benjamin had frosting all over his face, the table, chairs, and even some on the wall (how did * that* happen)  I took pictures of his cute funny faces and we laughed at his "old man beard."
Some people call me silly and tell me to be serious, but why?  What is the point?  Why go through life feeling embarrassed, frustrated, irritated, or sad when you can find something (or someone =D ) to laugh at.  :)  Life is so full of little moments that we can laugh at and I laugh at myself as often as I laugh at other things.  Te other day I made a really blond comment and instead of feeling embarrassed I re told the story 2-3 times and laughed at it. Today someone asked me how I was and I said "Great!"  Then proceeded to trip on the stairs and I laughed and my grace, or lack of it.
So here's the moral guys and gals, if you can't laugh at your self...well, just call me, I'll laugh at you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment