Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Magic and wonder

Today I am grateful for the magic and wonder that children see everywhere.  Today I set up the Christmas tree.  The boys had been asking for days, but I just didn't know where to put it.  If it weren't for them we may not have set one up...but then again if it weren't for them I would have tons more room. :)  Anyway...every now and then I can see the world through their eyes.  I saw it today as I set up the tree with all the lights, pretty ornaments, my other Christmas decorations and we talked about baby Jesus and read Luke chapter 2.  There came into their eyes a light that spoke to me.  It spoke of wonder and magic.  So often as adults life becomes so mundane.  Through the eyes of my children I have again found the magic and wonder in Christmas lights, the story of baby Jesus, leaves changing color, clouds, hugs and kisses, wrapping paper and boxes, bugs, slides and trampolines.  To a child discovering the world for the first time everything holds magic and wonder.  I am grateful for the opportunity that I have as a mother to re-discover the world through my children's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment