Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lessons From Children

Have you ever had the experience of trying to teach something to someone and end up learning more yourself? This happens to me a lot as I try to give talks or teach Primary. Most of my learning experiences come from one of two places, children or the scriptures. This experience involves children.
Glen is teething. he is so miserable. He has a fever, his nose is stuffed and/or runny, and he has waves of pain from the tooth that is coming up. Through this all he has tried to be cheerful, smiley, and playful. He talked quite a bit during church and played after we got home. I know he doesn't feel good, but he is being such a good sport about it.
I on the other hand am a bit, OK, a big baby when it comes to being sick or hurt. I complain a lot and want to lay in bed and be lazy. Glen has taught me that being sick isn't the end of the world. I can still be happy and smile. What a brave son we have! I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment