Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blind Obedience


John and I went on another Temple date. They are the best dates. As always I learned something new. I received an answer to a question I have been pondering for many years now. I was once told not to obey the prophet blindly. I needed to know why I was being told to do something. I disagreed, but could not give a good reply. This is the scripture that came to me today as I pondered in the temple, it is in the Book of Mormon.
Moses 5:6 "And after many days an angel of the Lord appeared unto Adam, saying: Why dost thou offer sacrifices unto the Lord? And Adam said unto him: I know not, save the Lord commanded me." That is my reply to any who would ask why I do the things I do or follow the Prophet. I know not, save the Lord commanded me.
I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, and as such he is God's mouth piece. I know that the Lord speaks through the modern day Prophet, whomever he may be. Because I know this I also know that any command given by the prophet is a command from the Lord. Glory be to God for providing us with a Prophet to speak His words to us and to guide us in these latter days!

No comments:

Post a Comment