Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Learning


"...seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith;"
-Doctrine and Covenants 109:7
There are many different types of learning you can receive from books. Reading in the scriptures helps us learn of spiritual things, text books give us academic knowledge, and often from leisure books we can discover things about people and often ourselves. The amount of knowledge we have at our fingertips, especially with the internet, is limitless. There is more knowledge then any one person could ever gain in one lifetime, and because this store of knowledge is so great we have many opportunities to learn.
"And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."
-Moroni 10:5
I have learned from experience that not only does the Holy Spirit teach me the truth of the Book of Mormon, but has also helped me to learn the truth of all things. I have had help on math tests, caring for my son, making decisions, learning Sign Language, and in all aspects of my life. I am grateful for the Comforter that is also the Teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment