Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fabulous Friday


This Friday my ward is having a Fabulous Friday activity. Most of the day Friday all of the women will be getting together to make crafts, talk, eat lunch, and have a clothing exchange. I am a big believer in not keeping things that there is no need for, keeps the junk level low, so I went through our cloths and sent some items over. A few cloths Glen had grown out of, a few cloths John had grown out of, a few cloths I had grown out of or no longer wear, and my wedding dress. Gasp! I know, how could I? Like I said, I am a BIG believer in getting rid of stuff I do not use. I do not wear my wedding dress any more so I took it to the clothing exchange in case someone else needs it. Now here is my problem, I do not want someone to say "Ooh, pretty," and take it home to play dress up. I want the dress to be taken to fill a need, not a desire. I wish there were a way to make sure it could happen, but since there is no way I can, I will just have to hope for the best. I made sure the lady receiving the cloths knew that if it is not taken that I will come back for and not to send it to D.I.
This is a true test of my resolve to not be a pack rat, ever. I may or may not wear the wedding dress again, I hope I can get to that size again after having a baby. Even if I did fit in the dress, when do you wear it again? I am not getting married again, and what do you do with a fancy white dress? You don't wear it to church the next day like prom, that's for sure.
OK, since my rambling is just trying to hide the fact I am sad to let my wedding dress go I am going to end this post and come to terms with it. That or else go cry on John's shoulder, one of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment