Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sleep

Today I am grateful for sleep.  And I'm not just saying that because I am tired...well, maybe just a little.  I am grateful for sleep because it helps to heal my body, keeps my kids cheerful, gives me a break at night, and it gives me a chance to start over the next day.  THere is something to be said for pretending to sleep to start the day over, but nothing beats actually starting the day over for real.  And naps, oh I love naps.  I love it when kids nap, they are so cute.  I can be thinking one minute what monsters my kids can be sometimes, but without fail they always turn back into angels when they sleep.  And the best?  The best is when a newborn baby falls asleep in your arms or on your chest.  I would do anything to avoid moving when that happened. I didn't want to spoil the moment.  There is nothing better then cuddling a little piece of heaven in your arms, watching that sweet angel sleep.
Oh sleep, my slightly elusive friend, I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment