Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, November 2, 2012

Date Night

Today I am very grateful for date night.  With John going to school full time and working I don't get to see very much of him.  He leaves before I wake up 3 or mare days a weeks, and about 5 days a week he doesn't come back until I am sleeping.  It's been tough, especially with this pregnancy being so difficult for me, but he does what needs to be done.  He works hard for us.  Still, I don't get to see him very much and when I do, sometimes he is doing homework so we don't interact much.  That is why I am so grateful for regular date nights.  I have been blessed with a visit teaching companion who will baby sit every week, so every week I get a couple hours just the two of us.  A few hours to talk, bond, hug, and spend time together with no other distractions. I feel like on date night I don't have to worry about anything else.  We don't talk about a dirty house, or kids, or work.  Just our day, maybe a little venting of frustrations  cute things that happened, only stuff we want.  It fells like I am in my own little world with him.
And to tell you the truth, I really need those few hours every week.  I kinda start going stir crazy without them.  Tonight I was so exhausted physically and mentally that I could hardly talk to John at all.  So he started telling me about his day and before long I was more animated, I joined in, and we were having fun.  That's how it happens every week.  One of us is really tired, or grumpy, or distracted, but before long we are laughing and talking together.
Yes, I am definitely very grateful for date night.

1 comment: