Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Right to vote

Today I am grateful for the right to vote.  I hate politics like you would not believe, well, maybe you would, I'm sure I'm not alone in this.  I try to stay updated and informed, but I hate every minute of it.  I don't like the adds, or debates, or well, any of it really.  But despite my huge dislike of all this political, I am very grateful for the ability to vote.  I worry about my country.  I worry about how the economy is, the laws that are made, the freedoms that I see disappearing, and the lack of patriotism.  I am grateful that I have a voice to express my worry, an opportunity to change it.  Sitting around complaining won't make the changes happen that I want to see, but voting will, being involved will.  I will not stand idly by and watch the sate of my country deteriorate, I will use my voice.
I am also extremely grateful that today marks the end of the avalanche of politics we have seen over the last 6+ months.  I have become thoroughly sick of politics by now and I am so glad it's going to be over soon.  This seems like a lot of complaining for a gratitude post, but I just voted, that means I get to complain, right?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment