Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Moroni's mother

After seeing the election results I just have to post again.  I have to admit that it's more then a dislike or disagreement with the current president.  I fear, really truly fear, for my country and for my family under his leadership.  I can see through his lies, and I see where he is leading us.  I believe he is leading us to destruction.  As I look around me and see a world that is becoming increasingly evil, I am grateful for the peace of the gospel, the guidance of living prophets, and the truth in the Book of Mormon.  Lately I have been thinking a lot about Moroni's mother.  Moroni lived in a time when the world around him was full of wickedness.  He and his family were some of the last righteous Nephites before they were all destroyed by the Lamanites.  When I think of Moroni, I think of his mother.  She is never once mentioned in the Book of Mormon as far as I know, but I know she must have been valiant and righteous. I'm sure that it was her influence and her teachings that prepared her son.  I bet his father, Mormon, was off fighting in battles a lot, leaving mom to do most of the teaching.  Her influence must have been great.
We do not yet live in a time as sinful and wicked and Moroni, I doubt I will ever have to witness the destruction of all that I love.  I have more to work with here, I have a ward family, a neighborhood full or people who hold my same values, friends, family, a strong church to turn to. Yes I am afraid, who wouldn't be afraid at the though of her children suffering under the wickedness of others?  But I know that if Moroni's mother could raise such a righteous son in a time of so much wickedness, then I can protect my children and bring up on the path of the Lord in this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment