Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cakes

 Today I am grateful for all of the gifts that help me to decorate cakes.  I'm not a professional, but I am getting much better, and I have taught myself just about everything.  The first cake I decorated, a set of legos, had me in tears and vowing never to touch cake or frosting again.  I didn't give up though.  Through determination, trial and error, a bit of stubbornness  and a lot of prayer I have kept at it for years.
Originally I started because I wanted to have the ability to make cool cakes for my kids so they would want mine over store bought cakes.  It evolved into a bigger thing though.  Today I made these two for the Deaf school to auction off at a fundraiser. I love the Deaf community so much and I am very grateful today for the skill to decorate cakes people will pay for.  It's a fundraiser, people would pay anyway, but maybe these two will bring in a little extra to help the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment