Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, August 29, 2011

One of those days

Today has been one of those days. Not a good day, not a bad day, just one of those days. *sigh* I'm tired, but I'm not grumpy which is a plus. I've had a lot on my mind lately. Mostly what I have been thinking about is something I heard in church yesterday. One woman who was speaking said that our parents did the best they could with what they had. They didn't just wake up one morning and say, "I'm going to be the worst parent ever." Being a parent is hard and we all make mistakes. Some parents have more resources then others, more support, more time or money, more patience. Some parents are single parents, some are struggling with problems of their own while trying to raise their kids. But I believe that everyone does the best with what they have.
So don;t get down on yourself. If you're having a rough day just remember you are doing you best and you are wonderful. Parent is synonymous with sacrifice. No matter how much money, time, resources, support... etc. you have, parenting is a sacrifice and you are wonderful for doing it. I hope you feel as wonderful as I think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment