Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, August 14, 2011

We're not so different after all

On more then one occasion I have had the feeling that friends not of my faith are waiting for me to ask them to leave my home or say I won't be their friend because we are different religions. Let me tell you that's not how it works. I am your friend because I love you. I'm not the kind of person to make a friend, hoping to convert them and then losing interest when they say they wont be baptized. If I seem overly exuberant about my faith, it's because I am. I am like that with things I have a passion for; children, books, words, and my faith. Being a Latter Day Saint is a central part of my life, it defines who I am. I talk about my church and beliefs because they are important to me and I do want to share them. But I also believe that everyone can choose for themselves and I will never try to push my beliefs onto you or think any worse of you for being different.
We can still get along, we can still be friends, and we can still respect each other. Differences are to be celebrated, not feared.

No comments:

Post a Comment