Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Have faith


Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day. Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray. Faith is like little seed: if planted it will grow. Faith is a swelling within my heart.

In Ether 12:6 (book of Mormon) it teaches that you do not receive a witness until the trial of your faith. Currently my faith is being tried in many ways. Some are far more difficult then others. Feeling that the Lord wants me to rely on my own wisdom and knowledge to potty train my son is a trail of my faith. Staying at home instead of working is a trail of my faith. Raising my kids is a trail of my faith. Going to church, making friends, following promptings. Everyday there are trails that I must navigate. Often I do not know why, or what the out come will be. Many times I have heard faith referred to as a blind leap. In a way it is. It's like putting on a blind fold and following directions from someone you cannot see. You trust that they will not lead you into danger, you trust that they will protect you and give you the information you need to make it safely on the path. Right now though, the biggest trail of my faith is none of those things I listed. They are all in some way a trial of my faith, but not the big one. The big one right now, the one that causes fear and faith to battle constantly is our bank account. Because of some very unexpected and very large bills our account is very low, lower then it has ever been.
Every year when we get our tax return we spend some of it and put the rest into savings. We slowly eat away at it until the next year and repeat the process. Right now we are under $500. That means if the car has problems, we get really sick and need a doctor, really if anything happens we are in trouble. Hence the fear.
Here is where faith comes in. I just paid my tithing. I have always had a testimony of tithing. There have been some pretty remarkable miracles in my life that I attribute to paying tithing. I would never give a single thought to skipping it and putting the money elsewhere, it wouldn't do any good. I have been promised that if I pay tithing the windows of Heaven will be opened and blessing poured out upon my head. So many that I will not have room to receive them all. I believe this promise will be fulfilled. I do not see how things will work out. I wear a blind fold right now. I am listening to my Father's voice, I am following Him. I know he will lead me safely through and after the trial of my faith I will have an even stronger testimony of tithing and so much more.
I can see already that He is watching out for me. With summer coming to an end I am thinking about clothes for the kids. I did not know where the clothes would come from, we cannot afford them right now, there is no money for new clothes. I was starting to think of who I could ask for clothes. I was at a loss. Then today my friend and neighbor asked if I needed clothes. I could have cried. It was like she read my mind. I know it was not just her though, the Lord was working through her to answer my prayer and bless me and my family. That is what happens when you have faith. the Lord answers. Some times it is hard to have faith, but I am doing my best, and I know the Lord will do the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment