Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A logical 3 year old?


Believe it or not, I've got one. Glen is very logically minded. He has never liked the "Kid" explanations, he wants to know the real stuff. One day Glen asked me where light comes from. I told him light bulbs. No, he wanted to know where light really comes from so I tried the power plant. Where does the power plant get it from? Gee, I was stumped. I'm not electrical engineer and I did not know how to answer his question. So we called up Grandpa who is an electrical engineer and I asked him to explain to me where light come from so I could tell Glen. He said Glen wouldn't understand and just tell him something else. But the thing about Glen is that he want the real information, not a half explanation so I got the good stuff from Grandpa. So I told Glen there are really tiny things called electrons, they are so tiny we cannot see them with our eyes. They are all over the place though, they are in the air, and water, and everywhere. They are what makes light. With that he was satisfied.
I maybe could have told him light comes from the sun, but I have the feeling that he would have wanted to know more. I love how much he hungers to learn and I love that he wants the real answers. Maybe he doesn't understand all the answers, but I think that he comprehends more then he gets credit for. Who knows, maybe he is storing all this information and one day he will just blow me away with how much he has learned and understands. I bet he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment