Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Two boys

My two boys. Usually they are inseparable. They are silly, crazy, happy, loving boys. They are so used to each other they have a really hard time being apart during the day or at night. They look out or each other, they wrestle, they fight, they hug. They are mine.
Benjamin is even more stubborn them Glen, Heaven help me. It is very hard for me to get him to eat what he doesn't want to eat, do what he doesn't want to do, or just agree with me sometimes. His favorite word was and remains "no," but he is a good, happy boy.
Benjamin hero worships his older brother, Glen. He follows him almost everywhere, does what he does and says what he say. Sometime it really bugs me, like when I ask Benjamin to lay down for a diaper change and Glen whispers "Benjamin, run away and hide." But other times Glen can get Benjamin to do things no one else can. Like tonight. John was trying to get Benjamin to pray and he wouldn't. So I tried, still he wouldn't. I asked if he wanted mommy to help, "No!" Daddy? "No!" Glen? "Yes." So Glen went over and knelt down next to his crib and Benjmain immediately stopped fussing and sat down to fold his arms. So sometimes Glen's influence on his brother bugs me, but often he uses it for good. I am grateful for the close bond these two brother have. The love they have for each other makes my heart happy. And I am grateful for Glen;s help when Benjamin is being extra stubborn. I hope as Glen grows and progresses he will be able to use his influence to help his brother more and also to help those around him.
Benjamin seems to have switched from being a mamma's boy to being a brother's boy. I am happy with this, usually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment