Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Words to encourage and uplift

Today I was paid a high compliment. Let me back up.
Today for my birthday dinner we went to Noodles and Company, one of my very favorite restaurants. They have all sorts of noodles, soups, salads, and sandwiches. Something for everyone. I got a bowl of spaghetti to share with Benjamin. You know how kids eat spaghetti, or really anything for that matter when they are under 2. He had a lot of his meal under his chair, I even dumped noodles out of his boots. :D Seeing the big mess I decided to clean up. I got down on the floor, hands and knees in my dress, and picked up all of the food from under his chair. I was told by a lot of people that there were people paid to do that I could leave. I knew that, but i also know what a pain it is to clean up after a little kid, after all I have two. I also figured this was more then your usual run of the mill mess and since this is a place where you don't leave tips I couldn't just leave a big tip and feel ok.
So there I was with spaghetti on my skirt, thanks to an extra large glob he dropped, trying to figure out if a fork or my fingers was more effective and I hear a lady make a comment. Not a snide comment either! She said to her companions that I was a good mom. Then another woman, her mom I think, told me that my boys were lucky to have me. I was setting a good example for them and they would grow up to be good, polite boys. She said they were cute and I was doing a great job.
Sometimes I feel discouraged. I worry that my kids are missing all the little lessons I am trying to teach them. But I know that they are learning. They see my example and they follow it. To you I would say, do not become discouraged. Your kids are watching what you do, they want to be like you. You do well and they see that.
These two sweet ladies really made my day. It means a lot to me what they said and I hope some day they realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment