Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, September 30, 2011

Conference

The conference for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is this weekend, it starts tomorrow morning.  Twice a year we have this weekend long conference.  I love it, it brings such a strong spirit into my life and a sense of renewed dedication do do better, be better, and work harder.
Usually on Saturday I turn on the radio and clean while conference is on in the background.  It's almost an afterthought as I try really hard to get the house clean for anyone who comes over Sunday.  Just a regular Saturday with background noise.  But this Saturday will be different.
 I read an article about a man who was talking to his neighbor who was not a member of the church.  He was telling his neighbor about conference and how our Prophet speaks the word of God.  His neighbor was interested and asked what the prophet had said in the last conference.  The man couldn't remember.  I was thinking about this and if I was the neighbor interested in what this living prophet had said, but the guy couldn't remember I would think that he didn't think it was important.  So what about me?  Do I think it is important?  I spend Saturday cleaning then usually end up falling asleep on Sunday.   But this time will be different.
I know our Prophet President Monson is a true and living prophet.  I know the Lord speaks through him.  If Christ were here in my home speaking to me and teaching my family I would not listen to Him as I cleaned the house.  I would not lay down and take a nap.  I would sit at His feet and listen to Him.  I know that I can hear my Savoir's voice when I listen to conference so this time I will listen.  I will sit my kids down with me and we will listen to what the prophet has to say, we will hear the word of the Lord and receive answers.  Conference is important.  I will show my kids that I think it is important.  More important then a clean house, more important then tying a quilt, more important then taking a nap.
I know that my savior lives.  I know He loves me.  He knows my name, my struggles and heartaches.  He has restored His church on this Earth.  President Thomas S. Monson is His prophet on this Earth.  He speaks through His prophet and will give me guidance if I listen.  And if I listen with my heart, I hear my saviors voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment