Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Benjamin

I've got to brag about Benjamin for just a minute, humor me, k?  Benjamin is one of my favorite people in the whole world.  Each of my children are so very different and so I love them for different reasons. Benjamin is such a combination of opposites.  He hits and kicks when he is mad, but he is so cuddly and full of love.  He is overly serious at times, and other times he is a big goof.  He can be quiet for hours at a time, or talk your ear off.  Is is stubborn, funny, a hard worker, and an engineer at heart.  He loves numbers, puzzles and his little sister.

Today we played Lego's and he talked my ear off.  Then he turned around and tried to wrestle his sister to the ground.  He pretended to be Pikachu, kicked me when he got mad, the told me all about his favorite snack as if nothing had happened.  Sometimes he is so confusing, but I can't help but love him so much.  He thinks he is so sneaky getting out of bed.  I go back there and find him curled up in bed "hiding."  He is a finisher.  Today he volunteered to clean the toilet for his chore, bless his heart.  Then the toilet brush broke.  Did he give up?  No way!  He cleaned it with a rag, by hand, then cleaned the outside.  After I told him he was done he told me all the spots he had missed and asked me to watch him finish.  Then he came in and helped me clean the kitchen just so he could wipe off the counters.
He stops me in my tracks and wonder what is going on, he reminds me to take time to stop and appreciate the world around me, he has such tender moments, such a sweet smile.
My sweet Benjamin has a very special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Benjamin sounds a lot like my Adam--what a sweet little guy! I love that picture of he and John.

    ReplyDelete