Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Glen

After writing about Benjamin last night, I thought I'd write about Glen.  Glen is my mini me.  He LOVES to read.  I had to create a limit at bedtime because he was staying up until 10:00 or even 12:00 reading! I remember one time about a year ago when he would not stay in bed an be quiet.  He kept coming out so I told him if he came out again or made noise I would discipline him.  Well, he started making a lot of noise so I went in and spanked him.  Nothing.  Then I told him to give me his books and he screamed his head off as he handed me the 10 books he had on his bed.  I went out and John asked what happened, I said "You might think I beat him, but I didn't.  I took his books."  He sleeps with books like some kids to with stuffed animals.  Often he is quiet and I go to see what he is up too, you know when kids are quiet it means trouble, but more often then not he is just reading.
He is compassionate and so empathetic.  Even as a little baby he would always crawl into my lap to hug me and offer his binky when I was crying.  He says the most profound things to me.  Like when my friend died.  He came up to me as I sat crying and he told me "It's ok, maybe Jesus needs her and she will always be in your heart."  He is such a cuddler too.  He is so big, but he still wants to crawl into my lap and cuddle.  He come in to sleep with me most night since John left, often he has woken after a bad dream, but one night he said "I just came in to cuddle, I didn't want you to be alone ans scared."
Glen is a big tease too.  He likes to make up jokes and stories and he is so good at it sometimes I can't tell when he is telling me a real story and when he is making it up.
Glen, my angel, bookworm, cuddle bug, loving, silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment