Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The kingdom of Heaven is like Leven

Mathew 13:33 Another Parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. 


This parable was brought up the other day in church and for the first time I got it, I mean really got it. It's probably all the baking I do, but I could visualize how important yeast is.  See that tiny little pile?  That's about 1 tablespoon of yeast.  That big bowl has 6 cups of flour in it.  That tiny little pile gets mixed in with the flour and even though it's really small it makes that large amount of flour rise into two beautiful loaves of bread. Like so;



It's more then double the size it was when I shaped the loaf.
In Sunday school the teacher said that the amount of leaven is small, but it is that small amount that raises the whole loaf of bread.  As true followers of Christ our numbers may be small, but we can have a great impact on the world and we can raise others.  Every kind word, act of service, or testimony born helps to raise others.
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass, and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." Alma 37:6
I love these little treasures in the gospel!





No comments:

Post a Comment