Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Living a dream

Since I was a small girl one of my dreams has been to write a book.  As I have gotten older that desire has only become greater.  I kind of gave up though.  See, I'm not very good at details or monologues and a story is no good without both.  I have tried writing stories and books many times and each time I have been so dissatisfied I could not continue.
Well, last night I read an article in the news about a mother of a special needs child who hated to be told she was wonderful because she just didn't feel wonderful.  I thought that's about what every mom feels like.  I have yet to meet a mother who feels as truly wonderful as they are.  I spent the next hour or so having a conversation with this woman and my husband in my head.  I told them how I have come to be able to see myself with more love and patience because I try to see myself as God sees me.  To Him, I am wonderful because He made me and I am His.  He loves me, not because I am perfect, but because I am trying so hard.  To Him, I am wonderful and so when I get a compliment I can see myself as he sees me and know that I really am pretty great.
At the end of this long conversation I knelt down to say my prayers and told Heavenly Father that I had never asked for this desire out loud before because I never felt qualified, but I really want to be an inspirational speaker.  I told him I knew he had given me gifts to encourage and inspire people and I wanted to use those gifts.  Then the thought came to write a book.  What a great idea!  In a non fiction book I don't need to worry about tons of details and making up conversations that seem real.  In this book I could just share my thoughts and let the spirit guide me and it would work.
So here I go, I'm starting a new journey.  I don't know how it will end up, maybe nothing will happen, maybe something really good will happen.  I know that wherever the Lord leads me I will go and I will do.  It will be a great experience and I am sure I will grow immensely.  And maybe, just maybe along the way I'll get my hearts desire and find someone to encourage and inspire,  maybe I can help them see themselves as the Lord sees them and they will see how amazing they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment