Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Priorities

I have had the flu this week, the last three days I spent layed out on the couch pretty much all day.  One of those days I didn't ask for help putting my kids to bed and it went kind of like this:  Time to brush your teeth. No, brush, not suck, not chew, here, let me do it for you.  Ok, now time to pray, kneel down.  No kneel, not lay, stop playing with your sister and pray, never mind.  Let's read scriptures.  Bring me your scriptures please.  Pick a verse.  No, not in the index, here.  21, k, lets start, come sit back down.  Stop laying on your sister, put down the toy.  I was starting to feel like yelling so I said never mind to that too and just told them to get into bed and they could read until I came in to tuck them in at 8 like I usually do.  That night I was feeling guilty for not helping Benjamin read scriptures or pray.  Glen had done it on his own, but Benjamin still needs help.  Then I thought that while it is important for my kids to learn to read and pray each night, they also need to learn that mommy loves them and is kind.  I'd rather have them skip everything and go straight to bed at times them to have me turn into a screaming monster mom to get it done.
It has been extremely hard being sick the past few days, but I can say I am very grateful for this lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment