Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, February 10, 2014

Elizabeth

 Elizabeth's turn!  I can't tell you how happy I was to find out I was having a girl.  Boys are fun, but they are not girls.  The day Elizabeth was born I just could not get enough of her.  I didn't want them to take her for any reason, when we got home I wouldn't even let John hold her very often.  He made me share with him and his mom, but I sure didn't want to.
She is so full of peace and happiness, always smiling.  She brings me so much joy.  It's hard not to smile when she climbs to the top of the toy shelf, stands up straight and tall and grins for all the world, as if she is saying, look at what I did!  She is a monkey! She is a determined girl, I can see it in how many times she climbs back on to the shelf right after falling off, in the way she will push, pull, and drag chairs to where she wants them no matter what is in the way.  She is independent.  She does not like me to feed her or even help her eat.  She never wants to sit still and changing her or getting her dressed is a struggle because she just won't hold still.  Despite her independence and determination she is also patient.  She lets her brother carry her around and wrestle her to the ground with such a long suffering look it makes me laugh.  And when she comes over for a hug or climbs in my lap for a short cuddle it just melts my heart.  I still can't get enough of this sweet girl, my Elizabeth.




No comments:

Post a Comment