Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grateful Every Day

Today I got to spend a lot of time with my kids. We went to Temple Square, the Church Art and History museum, and then had a little picnic at a sweet little grassy area. The boys both have colds so we couldn't take them to nursery and wanted something to help them learn about the gospel.
Anyway, and I watched them play and heard them laugh as they ran through the sprinklers, I thought about how grateful I am for my children. I want another baby so bad, but I have to wait until John has a better job so we can afford it. But until then i have my two sweet boys to keep me company and cheer me up.
They each have their own special place in my heart. Glen is my angel. He reminds me of heaven and he is so like me in personality. Benjamin is my smiley boy. Since he was sick for so long as a new baby he didn't do a lot of laughing and smiling until he got better. It has been almost a year since he started getting better and still I cherish every smile. Glen is so daring, he the Jump of the deck onto the trampoline type. Benjamin is the opposite, he is very timid and likes to stick close to me. I think the Lord knew I would be wanting another baby, but need to wait and so he sent me Benjamin so that I would have someone to cuddle with. He is so cuddly, I thought Glen was a cuddly boy, but my sweet smiley Benjamin will sit with me and just hug, like no one but a new born will do. He loves it. And I love that he is still such a mamma's boy. Sometimes he is a little extreme with it, but I feel special knowing he wants me above anyone else.
Today while talking to a friend we talked about how suffering is all relative. I feel sad because John is gone at school so late, but her son is deployed and hasn't seen his wife in months. I feel sad because I want another baby and have to wait, but there are women who want a baby for years and try for years and cannot have any. I am blessed and every day I am so grateful for my two sweet boys. They are such a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment