Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, June 10, 2011

One Great Adventure After Another

Motherhood is such an adventure, not one for the weak either. Motherhood is one adventure after another, really. This weeks adventure is with Glen. Here is my oldest boy, this picture is at least 6 months old, but it is so darn cute, he is my little man.
Well my little man is about to turn three, and that means potty training. We started yesterday and by the end of the night I was close to tears and ready to give up. But with a few hints and a little encouragement from my very good friend I didn't give in and go back to diapers. Glen is doing so well, and today has been even better then yesterday. I don't think that is is going to take as long as I had worried, or be as hard as I feared.
There are a lot of milestones with kids, some are fun, happy milestones, and some are scary or sad. I did not look forward to potty training, but it will be so good. I have to face the fact that kids growing up means potty training, the first day of school, teenagers, and dating. But with each of those frightening and somewhat sad milestones comes good times. The first day of school mean the end of being his hero, best friend, and everything, but it means the beginning of a a lifetime of learning together. Teenagers mean powers struggles and trying to figure out who they are, but it means that I have a friend, I get to listen and be there as they have fun with friends and in high school. Dating mean worry and wondering what's going on, but dating is so much fun.
Yes, motherhood is full of good times and bad, but just like everything, having a good attitude and looking for the positive makes it better. And really, good times or bad, kids are SO VERY worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment