Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Freedom!


I know with the 4th of July coming up your thinking "Oh a nice post about enjoying the freedoms of America." Nope. It's about my Glen running around naked. Yup, you read that right, naked. See I;m potty training right, which means less clothes then normal, but he is in the back yard, it enclosed and safe for him to run around with not much on. But sometimes, he wants just a little more freedom. Freedom from the gate, and freedom from clothes. At this point he takes off the few clothes he has on, climbs the fence and takes off stark naked. Kids run faster naked, right?
Can you imagine my mortification when my neighbor brought him back. I did not even know he was gone, but he had climbed the fence and taken off down the street. My neighbor, a nice little old man, saw him take off and ran after him bless his soul. Other times someone has seen him and told him to go back inside, or one of his friends will bring him home. He escapes so often I can't even tell you.
While it drives me crazy every time he makes a break for it, I can;t help but laugh. I mean, naked babies are cute! And I just wish I was a neighbor watching him climb the fence and take off in naught but the skin God gave him. :D
I even tried the scare tactic and told him about bad people that will steal him away and I'd never see him again and he might die and my heart would break into a million tiny pieces, but he wouldn't listen. He just told me in his faith-of-a-child way that I would hunt them down and kill them and it would be ok. So since nothing will work but keeping my eye on him 24-7 (Is that possible? I'm pretty sure he knows how to become invisible.) I just pray that he will be safe, trust in the goodness of neighbors, and pray that I will be close to the Spirit and follow promptings. Oh ya, and if it's too quiet, I'll go check for a pile of clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment