Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise

Today was one of those day, one of those days that at the end I love being a mother instead of feeling like I have survived. I LOVE days like this. In the morning we met our summer camp play group at the park and rode scooters, blew bubbles, played ball, ran through the sprinklers, and played with rocket balloons. After that we went home for lunch and we were pleasantly surprised to find that John's class had been cancelled so we got to spend some time with him. We all took naps while John worked on homework, then after nap we went to take Glen for a pony ride. The pony ride place had gone out of business, so we went for milk shakes and hamburgers instead. After we got home we washed the car, which is the same as starting a fight with a 3 year old who loves water, and then ate Popsicles and read books. That seems like a bad combination, but I made sure I read the books and hosed the kids off before they got to read. After I hosed the Popsicle off the boys we went inside to find jammies, and cuddled up to read more books. I think the popcorn helped them stay still for an hour, but they also love to read so they relished the time I gave them, and begged for more at the end. One more book then off to bed and no complaints. Wow! What a great day for us.
Recently I have become to busy. Busy people bug me, they are to busy to hang out, to busy to play, to busy to
serve, and it bothers me. Then I discovered I had also become to busy, it is easy to do in this busy world. I noticed it when Glen started saying, "Just a sec first, let me do this first, I'm too busy, I can't I'm busy." And other such things. Then I realized he learned it from me. So today I tried not to be busy. I put off chores until tomorrow and we just played. Every once and a while we need a play day to help us get our priorities back in order. I cannot be too busy for
my kids, I just won't let myself anymore. They are too important to me to be too busy and it that means turning off the computer or putting down my book then I will do it. They are worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment