Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, June 17, 2011

Grumpy

RAWR! I woke up in an ok mood, then *someone* refused to go to the bathroom. That same someone got put Popsicles and when I said no Popsicles for breakfast two little someones started screaming their head off. More screaming over cereal, then again with getting dress, then some more over chores. Is it any wonder I'm grumpy too? I have found that grumps feed off of each other.
Now that I have discovered the problem, grumpy mommy, then I can stop being grumpy, right? Easier said then done. I know that I have the ability to choose my mood, and how I react, but sometimes it is really hard to stop being grumpy. Every time I think of Glen grabbing the scissors and cutting up his new horse, giving his brother a hair cut, and destroying a new book, I really feel like growling. Grrr! But I have found something that helps me feel less grumpy. Music. the very best music for me is the music that helps me feel Heavenly Father's Spirit. Luckily I can download all the children's songs and church hymns for free on this website. http://lds.org/churchmusic/ Some of the other songs I really like are country songs. There are some really good ones out there, but the best ones for a grumpy mommy are the songs that talk about being a family and cherishing every moment.
I have been listening to church music as I sit here and type and thinking of those country songs I like. I still feel a little on edge, but with some effort I can turn my day around and choose to be happy. I want to be happy. I hate being grumpy because I end up taking it out on my children and it just breaks my heart to think that I am making them sad. I love them. That's it, I choose right now to be happy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment