Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mom and Dad

This is my Mom and Dad. Don't they look happy? This was a picture taken at my house over a year ago on their first date in 30 years. Here is the long story made short. They dated in high school, fell in love and wanted to get married, but because of family things they didn't. Then they lost contact. Around Christmas like 2 years ago they made contact on Facebook. I remember being there at my sisters house for Christmas, we were watching the Forgotten Carols, a family tradition, and mom was chatting on facebook the whole time. After she had been chatting for awhile, the giggling and blushing got my attention. I asked who she was chatting with and she said it was a guy she knew from school. I immediately thought "If he is single she is gonna marry him." Sure enough, not long after that they went on their "first date" and then got married. I won't even go into the night of their date, that is a story for another time, but lets just say it's like she as 16 again and I had fun.
Well, my mom and dad are moving out of their current home into another and so I have been helping them pack and clean. Last night we stayed late trying to get as much done as possible before we all just died from exhaustion and then they took me out to dinner. As I followed them to the restraint I watched them in their car. I was listening to a romantic song in the car and at a stop light I saw then lean in and kiss. Gross did not even enter my mind. I just felt so happy. My mom has a had a rough life. She was a single mom and she worked really hard and made a lot of sacrifices to make ends meet and to raise three crazy kids. I am so glad that she has found such happiness, she deserves it and it's about time she is in heaven with the love of her life.
My one regret in all this is that it didn't happen sooner. I know the Lord has a hand in all things and I do not question His will nor His time, but I do wish they had met up earlier. It would have been nice for my mom to have a loving husband and to tell you the truth I really like having a dad. But I take comfort in knowing that they have an eternity to be together and be in love. I thank the Lord for His plan of happiness and that it is just that, a plan of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment