Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hope of the Resurrection

Sunday a person in my mother in law's ward died, I read about deaths on the news, and today I found out someone in my ward with cancer does not have long to live. Add that to my general sense of depression and I am feeling pretty down.
I took my boys on a walk today and as I saw the beautiful weather and felt the warm sun I started to dance and feel happy again. Then I stopped my self with the thought "How can I be happy when there are so many suffering." I had to stop that thought from depressing me further. I need to enjoy the sun, the beautiful sky, and my sweet boys and wonderful family. There will always be suffering somewhere in the world, but getting depressed over it will not do a lick of good.
Instead I am trying to focus on hope. Specifically the hope of resurrection. I am trying to remember that because Christ died and rose again we too can be with those we love.
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that he lived for us, and that he died for us. I know that on the third day he rose again. He can heal our broken hearts and help us be whole again. He loves us more then we could ever know. I know that in our darkest hour, in the times when we cannot continue on our own He is there to carry us. He lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment