Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, May 22, 2011

He'll Carry You

I am a very down to Earth kinda gal. I'm still emotional, but I know that some things won't fix a problem. Crying will not clean up the spilled milk, or get a new cup of milk. Moping around won't help me feel happier. I believe that happiness is a choice. I choose not to cry over spilled milk, I choose to clean it up and get a new cup. I choose not to mope around the house when I am feeling down, but go out and do service or do something fun so I feel better.
But what about when the choice isn't mine? How can I stop my heart from hurting when my baby is in pain? How can I stop the ache when I see my friend making choices that hurt her? What do I do when the choice is not mine, when someone chooses to hold onto the pain?
Today in church we learned about agency, choice. God gave us all agency when we were bone on this Earth. No one can take away our agency. I cannot take away the sickness in my child, I cannot make choices for my friend, or convince someone to let go of the pain THEY choose to hold onto. Not even when it hurts me so much I want to cry, not even when I feel like my heart will break. But there IS something I can do. I can pray. There are some hearts only the Lord can heal, some pain only He can take away.
Heavenly Father sees our hearts, our pain, and the tears that we cry. He will bring us peace, He will comfort us, heal us, and make us whole. I know He will. I have felt His healing in my heart. I cannot heal all pain, as much as I would like to, I cannot, but He can.


PS. When you are having a hard time check out this song by Hillary Weeks "He'll Carry You." It is one of my favorites and it helps me get through the tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment