Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Testimony


As I sit here watching Glen play with is feet and hear him talk to me, I cannot help but smile. I have been thinking today about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ I must follow the commandments of the Lord to be found worthy of receiving His blessings. As I think of all He has blessed me with I cannot imagine wanting to live any other way. I am eternally grateful for the sealing ordinance that has allowed me to be sealed to my husband and family for time and all eternity because I could not picture life with out my sweet son or my wonderful husband. In the words of President Monson, "heaven would not be heaven without [them]"
I have found nothing but joy in this gospel. Sure there are times of sorrow and heart ach that we all must pass through in this mortal realm, but knowing that through the Atonement of Christ we can all be healed makes those times of sorrow seem like mere moments, which they are in the eternal spectrum.
I love the Lord with all of my heart. He has given me so much, all that I have is from Him. He led me to my husband, gave us a child, a home, families, and more blessings and opportunities then I could ever count. After all that He has given me keeping His commandments is such a small price to pay.
I konw that God lives. He has a body of flesh and bone, He has a son, and His Son died for us. I know that He loves us, He hears our prayers, and He knows us each by name. He is mindful of us, our wants, needs, and desires are known to Him. And I know that He wants us to have joy.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks for sharing that. Love the pictures! I can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete