Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, January 12, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers

How can the flowers grow if it never rains? I am grateful for the rainy days in my life from which beauty has sprung. Without going into any detail let me share with you one of the darkest, cloudiest days I have had, and how the clouds and rain brought forth something very precious. Just out of college I met someone and we planned to get married. Then one day out of irritation he told me that I needed to choose between him and the Lord. I made my decision and I have not seen him since. I also decided that if I cared enough for the Lord to break off an engagement, I cared enough to dedicate my life to him. From this simple decision my life has transformed into something I only dreamed of. I have a husband who is as dedicated to the Lord as I, and a son we shall raise to be dedicated as well. The Lord sends us rain so that we may grow, and after the rain we will bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment