Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, January 2, 2009

Experiment 626





I would never make...more then one

Tonight John asked me to make something "really healthy and really filling" for dinner. I had planned on pizza, I needed a new plan. Not having a plan B I set out in search of a suitable meal to throw together. Thus began the experiment. I threw together ingredients I hoped would make a passable wheat dough, boiled some chicken and broccoli, mixed up an Italian white sauce, rolled it all up with a bit of cheese, and sprinkled Parmesan and parsley over it. Then I slipped it in the oven on my trusty baking stone and hoped it would turn out. 30 minutes later my creation came to life. I call it CBC Stuffed Bread. (Chicken Broccoli Cheddar) Now the taste test. On a scale from 1-10 John gave it a 9.98, you don't think he is biased or anything, do you?
John did say that he would prefer the crust soft, but I prefer it crunchy so that is a difference of opinion. I also think I should have used less Italian seasoning and it little more salt.
The problem with throwing together an experiment is that I didn't really measure...anything, so I do not have the recipe anywhere but my head. I have a lot of recipes like that. There are so many that I make until it looks right, or I add ingredients until it feels right, others that I season until it smells right. And that is the mark of a true genius...or a real weirdo, your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment