Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, October 31, 2008

Why...?


I ask a lot of questions, anyone who knows me well can tell you. I start a lot of conversations out with "Why..." or "can I ask you a question?" Asking questions is how I learn, but sometimes having so many questions gets me in trouble. People get annoyed or think I am questioning them or their authority. I lost one of the best jobs I have ever had by asking questions. My supervisor thought I was questioning her, but I was really just trying to learn why we were doing things the way we were.
Last night I had an experience I would like to share. I was saying my night prayers and I asked Heavenly Father a question. I asked Him why He was doing something. I have been told many times not to question the Lord, but like I said questions help me learn so I do question the Lord. I was worried that He would not like me questioning Him so I explained I do it only because I want to learn about Him. I saw in my mind His face and he had a look of such profound love that I knew without a doubt He is not upset with me asking Him questions or questioning why He does something. I feel His love, the love of a father, a father who never gets tired of answering my never ending why questions. I am so grateful that He knows my thoughts and intentions and knows that I ask only to learn, not to question Him or His authority.
This experience and others help me to know that Heavenly Father is truly our father. He loves us and His love is perfect. He wants us to come to Him with our questions, he wants to answer those questions and teach us. Is is the perfect father, teacher, friend, and comfort. I love Him and I know that He loves me because I am His daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment