Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Taking up arms

I am taking up arms to fight for Christ.
Tonight I was thinking that Jesus Christ loved everyone. He never let anything stand in His way. In my mission to become closer to Him I will never give up on anyone either. A friend who needs me, a member who is not active, a child who hurts, a stranger who needs love; I will be there.
"Savior, may I be my brother's keeper..." There are refugee's among us, refugees of the heart. Inside of each person is a battle waging within. If you look close you can see it in their eyes, do you know anyone who is losing that battle? I am taking up arms and leading them to a place of safety, a safe harbor of the heart. Sometimes the only arms protecting them, belong to you and I.
When the pioneers were coming across the plains the Martin and the Willie handcart companies, faced great struggles and many were dying. When the Prophet Brigham Young heard about their plight he ended conference and immediately mounted a rescue. The Lord would have done the very same. If the Lord will leave the 99 to go after the 1 we need to do the same. Starting now you can count on me to care. I am going to help ease the pain, lead a lost soul to safety, and help the one who is lost. From now on you can always count on me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you're a better person than I, Ruth. I'm afraid I have such a tendency to be selfish. Thanks for the great reminder of what's really important.

    ReplyDelete