Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, October 27, 2008

Perfect weaknesses



I have discovered a weakness that I have. A sort of good weakness, if you can call any weakness good. I absolutely hate having a messy house. When Glen was born I was going crazy because I couldn't keep the house clean. I either had John telling me not to do much, everyone else telling me to stay down, or my trader of a body telling me to do the same. Grrr...
I have been sick for a few days now. On Saturday I felt better and so I decided to catch up on house work. I takled three rooms and by the end of the night I was in really bad shape. I had over done it again. I spent most of the day sleeping on Sunday and so I feel better today, but I have learned my lesson, at least temporarily. I cannot run faster then I have strength.
It is frustrating though, I want to be a great mom, a great wife, a great homemaker, keep the house spotless, cook gourmet meals, bake from scratch, and never cook out of a box. I am slowly, but surly, learning it isn't going to happen. (especially with kids) So how do you come to terms with the fact that you cannot be perfect? In the scriptures Christ says "What manner of men aught ye to be?... Even as I am." -3 Nephi 27:27 So shouldn't we be perfect? I love the Visiting Teaching message we had a months or two ago. It talked about that scripture and said that to be like Christ is to love as He loves, and give as He gives...in other words, practice charity. There is also another scripture that I love that says "I give unto men weakness that they may be humble." -Ether 12:27, but later on in the same verse it says that we must first humble ourselves and then Christ will make that weakness become a strength. So even though this weakness I have of doing to much is bad for me now, with the Lord's help I can make this weakness become a strength. And who knows what will come after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment