Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, September 14, 2014

The family is of God

"God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be.  This is how He shows His love, for the family is of God."  That cute little primary song has been running through my head most of the day.  I wanted to share a few small moments of inspiration that John and I have had that have had big results.
A month or so ago I had a few dreams and in them some force or another was trying to tear my family apart and no matter how hard I tried to hold tight to everyone my family was being ripped apart.  I woke up scared because I had that feeling that I get when I know the Lord is trying to speak to me, those weren't ordinary dreams and I need to listen or I might lose my family.  I talked to John and told him about my dreams and together we prayed to find out how to save our family and get us through whatever was going to try to tear us apart.  Our answer was simple to hear, but has been hard to do some times.  The answer was to spend more time together.  That was not the only time we received that answer either, it has come again and again from old conference talks we listened to "Too often mother and father are too tired to spend an hour reading with their children at the end of the day." From the Mormom channel "Wholesome recreation activities are as important to families as repentance, forgiveness and love."  from prayers to know how to help an angry boy who struggled "Spend more time with him."  Everywhere we turn it is the same answer, simple, right?  It has been hard to institute this though.  We like our own time, especially at night when we are both so tired, but we have tried.  I have to tell you , the difference in our family is AMAZING!  We have a much stronger bond then we did just 3 months ago.  Glen and Benjamin now look to us and each other for friendship.  Spending more time together working and playing has given us more time to talk about what is going on at school and home, it has given us opportunities to support each other in our individual struggles and ti find ways to serve each other.  We work more cohesively as a family.  The other day Glen prayed and thanked heavenly father for such a fun family and then later told me that he feels peaceful in our home.  I just about cheered out loud at hear that.  It means what we are doing is working.  Every time they come to us with their concerns, to ask to play with us, to talk to us, to hug us we are strengthening our relationship and bonding ourselves together so tightly that nothing will ever tear us apart.  Friends come and go, but family is forever.  How grateful I am for a loving Father in Heaven who has shown me how to save my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment